When getting prepared for the most important day of your life there are many details to take into account. Probably the most significant aspect is choosing the wedding rings.
Select the right size
Be careful about the bandwidth or even the ring size of the wedding ring. For men you can go for a band width of 8mm to 12mm while for the women a band width of around 5mm to 7mm would be perfect. Also consider the metal weight of the wedding band. It is preferable to go for narrow wedding band with solid weight instead of wide wedding band with reduced weight. Remember that reduced weight means less thickness of metal, hence, chances of it being deformed is also high.
Choosing the right mounting for your ring
It is important to choose the gemstone and the mounting of your wedding ring. A wedding band with multiple gemstones and diamonds will invariably have a healthy weight. Gems such as emeralds, rubies, sapphires, all would be very costly in large sizes. In addition, the kind of mounting that you are selecting for your ring would affect the durability. A firm and solid mounting with metal all around would be great.
The metal which best suits your taste
Selecting the metal, that is, silver wedding ring or a diamond wedding ring is highly significant. Some of the factors which need to be noted in this context are as under:
• If you are going for a silver ring, always make sure that you get great design options, good gemstone options and great craftsmanship.
• If you prefer gold, it is better to go for 14k gold which offers better hardness than a 18k gold.
• There are many jewelers who offer anti-tarnish treatments for silver rings. These are not mere silver plating which will wear off with time.
• The plating and its wear off will largely depend on the environment, water-composition as well as the climate.
• If you want you can also go for etching inside or outside the band. A birthstone in this case will be a great option. For example, a musician can order some music notes to be etched in the band. This would add more meaning to a ring.
Why is the fourth finger selected for wedding ring?
Many wonder why people put the ring in the fourth finger. Well, here are few pointers which explain this concept.
• The middle finger here is considered as ‘self’
• The thumb represents parents
• The index finger is the siblings
• The little finger is the children
• The fourth finger or the ring finger is the life partner
It is often said that if you bend your middle fingers back to back, and then hold all the other fingers tip-to-tip, you will find that you can open thumb, index finger as well as the little finger with your middle finger joined back to back.
• The thumb finger opens which means that your parents will leave you some time or the other.
• The index finger opens which means your siblings will get married and belong to a separate family
• Your little finger opens which means even your children will get settled after marriage.
• When you try to open the fourth finger, it simply does not open which means that your life partner will never leave you and will always be there for you through thick and thin.
Thus, it is important for you to remember that a wedding is between you and your beloved. Thus, if you want to go for a personalized ring, it would add that extra bond and would deepen it further. Add that extra flavor in your conjugal life by gifting one of the most uniquely designed wedding rings for your spouse.